I am the notorious salad queen amongst my friends. Always experimenting with different variations of greens and salad toppings. My usual salads comprise of earthy leafy greens topped with a mixture of seeds and nuts. But today, I decided to do something a little different.
Inspired by William Sonoma’s Radish-Cucumber Salad recipe. I whipped up a beautiful rainbow colored radish cucumber salad drizzled with a rich and tangy anchovy-mustard dressing. It serves as a nice refreshing snack on a lazy Sunday afternoon. Or as a nice side dish at lunch or dinner.
1 small shallot, diced
1 tbsp dijon mustand
4 anchovy fillets soaked in olive oil
juice from ¼ of a lemon
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tsp sugar
pinches of salt and pepper
3 hard-boiled eggs, cut into 1/2 inch wide slices
1/2 cucumber, julienned
8 small radish, julienned
1 small yellow pepper, julienned
1. Add all dressing ingredients except olive oil into a blender. Puree until smooth.
2. While motor is running, slowly pour olive oil in a steady stream and process until blended.
3. In a large mixing bowl, add in cucumber, radish and yellow pepper.
4. Drizzle salad dressing and toss to coat.
5. Transfer to a platter and mix in eggs.
6. Drizzle some dressing to eggs.
7. Sprinkle salad with a pinch of salt and pepper.